Watch Melania Trump greet her step-daughter Ivanka at Trump's RNC speech
- First Lady Melania Trump briefly greeted White House senior adviser Ivanka Trump after the first daughter introduced her father ahead of President Trump's convention speech.
- Ivanka was ostensibly speaking in her personal capacity at the South Lawn convention, though her speech may have been a violation of the Hatch Act.
- Earlier on Thursday, details of the icy relationship between Melania and Ivanka were detailed in an excerpt from a forthcoming book by Melania's ex-best friend, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff.
- Wolkoff, who played a major role in the Trump inauguration, described an effort to diminish Ivanka's role in the ceremonies relative to the first lady's under the name "Operation Block Ivanka."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A brief greeting took place Thursday night between First Lady Melania Trump and Ivanka Trump at the Republican National Convention on the White House South Lawn.
Ivanka had just introduced her father for his acceptance speech.
Earlier on Thursday, an effort by the first lady called "Operation Block Ivanka" at Trump's inauguration was detailed by Melania's ex-best friend, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff.
Wolkoff drew on secretly recorded tapes and years of friendship with Melania to write a book about their tumultuous relationship, "Melania and Me: My Years as Confidant, Advisor and Friend to the First Lady."
Source: Read Full Article