Learn how to discuss complicated, controversial issues that matter ahead of the election
The National Issues Forums Institute will convene a series of forums using its Common Ground for Action online deliberation platform. CGA is designed to encourage participants to identify collective responses to difficult or controversial issues that have no simple solution. You may sign up to participate in an online forum here.
The National Issues Forums Institute will convene a series of online forums about the nation's biggest challenges (Photo: Getty Images)
Partisan divide and divisiveness
During the deliberation, we will talk about how to fix our broken political system by three different options:
(1) Reduce dangerous, toxic talk: The problem is that the way we talk is poisoning public life. The “outrage industry” rewards people for saying and doing the most extreme things;
(2) Make fairer rules for politics and follow them: The problem is that wealthy, powerful special interests game the political system, making it impossible to find compromise;
(3) Take control and make decisions closer to home: The problem is that our most important decisions are being made too far away from home.
- 8 p.m. EST Dec. 4, 2019
- 5 p.m. EST Dec. 7, 2019
- 6 p.m. EST Dec. 11, 2019
- 4:30 p.m. EST Jan. 10, 2020
During the forums we will discuss how we can find solutions to the nation’s health-care challenges, including affordable access to care.
- 8 p.m. EST Feb. 6, 2020
- 2 p.m. EST Feb. 8, 2020
- 7 p.m. EST Feb. 15, 2020
- 4 p.m. EST March 13, 2020
Source: Read Full Article