Ten-year JGB yields rise as stocks gain despite negative economic data
TOKYO, May 18 (Reuters) – Yields on benchmark 10-year Japanese government bonds (JGBs) rose on Tuesday as a sharp gain in Japanese equities hurt demand for safe-haven fixed income, while inventors weighed data showing Japan’s economy shrank more than expected.
* The 10-year JGB yield rose 0.5 basis point to 0.080%.
* Benchmark 10-year JGB futures fell 0.02 point to 151.4, with a trading volume of 9,474 lots.
* The 20-year JGB yield was unchanged at 0.440%.
* The 30-year JGB yield rose 0.5 basis point to 0.655%.
* The two-year and five-year bonds were untraded. * The 40-year JGB yield rose 0.5 basis point to 0.705%.
Source: Read Full Article