We mapped out the key changes among Walmart's healthcare leadership
Welcome to Insider Healthcare. I’m Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer, and today in healthcare news:
- We mapped out some of the key healthcare leadership changes at Walmart;
- Experts shared what Moderna’s up against as it aims to develop an HIV vaccine;
- Primary-care upstarts are protesting the decision to halt direct contracting applications.
If you’re new to this newsletter, sign up here. Comments, tips? Email me at [email protected] or tweet @lydiaramsey125. Let’s get to it…
- A number of Walmart’s healthcare leaders have left the company in recent months.
- Walmart slowed its push into primary care after a recent change in CEOs.
- Now with 9 key healthcare leaders gone, the clinics are no longer in the spotlight.
Get the full breakdown here>>
Moderna’s mRNA technology could help in the decades-long search for an HIV vaccine
- Moderna’s mRNA tech could change the game in the decades-long effort to develop an HIV vaccine.
- The company said it expects to begin two vaccine trials in humans by the end of 2021.
- While “excited” by the prospect, HIV researchers caution there’s a long road ahead for mRNA vaccines.
Here’s what’s in store>>
Primary-care upstarts ChenMed, Iora, and VillageMD are protesting a US decision to halt applications for a potentially lucrative Medicare program
- A new federal program that aims to lower costs for Medicare kicked off on April 1.
- The US will no longer take applications from companies that want to take part starting in 2022.
- Clinics and doctor groups are urging the feds to reconsider.
They’re calling the decision a “serious blow”>>
More stories we’re reading:
- Diabetes care startup Virta Health raises $133 million in a round led by Tiger Global, valuing it at $2 billion (Forbes)
- A record 5.2 million people globally tested positive for COVID-19 last week, despite the vaccine rollout ramping up in wealthy nations (Insider)
- It might be time to reevaluate why we wear masks outside (The Atlantic)
- Half of US adults have had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, the CDC says (Insider)
- NASA’s Mars helicopter took flight for the first time, opening the door for a new generation of space drones (Insider)
Source: Read Full Article