Vegas Golden Knights at Chicago Blackhawks odds, picks and betting tips
The Vegas Golden Knights (6-4-0) and Chicago Blackhawks (2-3-1) will face off Monday night (8:30 p.m.) in Chicago. The Knights lost, 6-4, at Philadelphia Monday. The Blackhawks dropped their most recent game, which was Sunday (5-3 home loss to Washington). Here, we break down the Knights vs. Blackhawks odds and lines, with NHL betting picks and tips.
Knights at Blackhawks: Projected starting goalies
Marc-Andre Fleury vs. Robin Lehner
Fleury owns a 2.18 GAA and .934 save percentage through nine games. The veteran netminder is coming off a shutout in his last, and he owns a .939 save percentage over his last five games. Fleury logged an .890 mark in three turns against Chicago a year ago. He heads into tonight’s tilt at the United Center having allowed just five goals over four road games.
The Blackhawks announced Lehner as Tuesday’s starter after Corey Crawford had been expected to get the nod. Lehner makes his third start of the year. He’s 1-0-1 with a .931 SV% and a 2.47 GAA.
Knights at Blackhawks: By the numbers
Place a sports bet on this hockey action or other games at BetMGM.
- Vegas is closing out a three-game road trip and is engaged in a third-game-in-four-days situation. The Knights are 1-1 in such games this season.
- The Knights are 3-2 away from home; they went 19-20-2 on the road last season.
- A year ago, Vegas went 3-0 against Chicago, outscoring the Blackhawks, 16-9.
- The Blackhawks have been involved in many a high-shot-total game thus far. The ‘Hawks are averaging 33.7 shots per game while allowing the same figure.
- Vegas has the special-teams advantage in this one. The Knights’ 28.6% PP mark ranks fifth in the NHL. Their PK (90%) ranks fourth. Chicago’s units rank 21st and 29th, respectively. … Vegas has notched a PP goal in five straight games.
- Crawford owns a .932 SV in within-one-goal situations.
- Fleury stopped 29-of-29 shots at Pittsburgh Saturday. That bodes well for Knights bettors: in games following shutouts last season, Fleury registered a fine .941 save percentage.
Knights at Blackhawks: Odds, picks and betting tips
Odds courtesy of BetMGM; access them at USA TODAY Sports for a full set of today’s betting odds. Lines last updated at 12:50 p.m. ET.
Moneyline: This is a game that sets up as a fair one, with plenty of shots on both sides. Both goaltenders have been solid and will need to be as both offenses appear to have more in the tank than they’re showing. Over four meetings from Feb., 2018, to Jan., 2019, the Knights’ average price against Chicago was -197. Take VEGAS (-128) as a play with some value Tuesday.
Spread: The puck line ( CHI +1.5, -250/VEG -1.5, +200) here brings 50-cent juice. Pass.
Over/under: A bit of netminder regression and/or a couple too many Chicago penalties and the OVER (6.5, +125) sets up well. An analytics lean toward the possession skills of both teams fits in here, too.
Want some action on this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @SportsbookWire on Twitter .
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
The Paris 2024 Olympics logo will drive you wild and destroy your heart, and you need to stay away
Adam Schefter thinks Tom Brady is setting himself up to leave Patriots. Here’s why it could happen.
Tom Brady’s beautiful TD pass to Phillip Dorsett had NFL fans in awe
Fantasy football trade targets for Week 8: Buy Tevin Coleman, sell the Patriots defense
Angler shatters smallmouth bass record, lets fish live
Source: Read Full Article