Pentagon delays Trump’s big military parade until at least 2019
The Defense Department said late Thursday that President Donald Trump’s planned military parade in Washington for Veterans Day would be postponed until at least 2019. Pentagon spokesman Col. Rob Manning said the White House and the Defense Department "have now agreed to explore opportunities in 2019," the Associated Press reported. Earlier in the day, it was reported that the cost estimate for the parade had skyrocketed to $92 million — about $80 million over the original estimated budget. Trump has called for a grand parade featuring all branches of the military, but critics have called the plan a waste of money.
Have breaking news sent to your inbox. Subscribe to MarketWatch's free Bulletin emails. Sign up here.
Source: Read Full Article