Let Google Home or Amazon Echo tell you the news from USA TODAY
New voice-enabled technology means you can listen to the news directly on your smart speaker. If you have a smart speaker or phone with you while you’re cooking or cleaning at home, driving, or going for a walk, you can hear news stories from USA TODAY. Our team of producers shares the latest news to Google Home and Amazon Alexa around the clock.
Ready to dive in?
How do I listen on my Google Home or Google Nest?
Breaking stories and updates on developing news are available on Google’s voice-enabled technology.
Here are the steps for listening on your Google Mini or Google Assistant:
1. Open your Google Assistant app.
2. Under “Settings,” scroll down to “News – Preferred sources & format.”
3. Select USA TODAY as your preferred new source. You can select your news playlist format here, either a mix of top headlines and stories based on interests that refreshes every time you play it, or news briefings that play shows you select in the order you choose.
4. Tell your Mini or Assistant app “Hey Google, tell me the news.”
5. USA TODAY will be part of your news mix.
How do I listen on through Amazon Alexa?
Breaking stories and updates on developing news are available on Amazon’s voice-enabled technology, Alexa, which is available on Echo smart speakers and the Amazon Alexa app.
1. Open your Amazon Alexa app and say “Alexa, play the news from USA TODAY.”
2. Alternatively, you can click on “Settings” and click on “Add Content.”
3. Search for “USA TODAY.”
4. Select “USA TODAY Flash Briefing” and any other of our podcasts.
How do I listen in my car?
If you have Bluetooth and a smartphone, pair your phone with your car’s sound system, and you can listen to your favorite USA TODAY podcasts on your way to and from work. If you drive a General Motors vehicle that’s a 2017 or 2018 model, we have a special option just for you.
How do I listen to other USA TODAY podcasts on my Amazon Echo or Google Mini? Listen here:
Source: Read Full Article