KFC is temporarily dropping its 'Finger Lickin' Good' motto citing concern for its hygienic implications amid the coronavirus pandemic
- KFC is temporarily suspending its iconic "Finger Lickin' Good" motto amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- The company said in a statement that the 64-year-old slogan "doesn't feel quite right" in 2020 as health experts urge people to wash their hands often and avoid touching their faces to avoid infection.
- The motto will still be featured on products but the words "Finger Lickin'" blurred out on products in the UK, Canada, and parts of Asia. Packaging will not be altered in the US, FOX Business reported.
- "We find ourselves in a unique situation — having an iconic slogan that doesn't quite fit in the current environment," Catherine Tan-Gillespie, global chief marketing officer at KFC, said in a statement.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
KFC will temporarily suspend its "Finger Lickin' Good" slogan citing hygienic concerns amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The slogan suspension is featured as part of an ad campaign in certain countries, with the brand blurring out the words "finger lickin'" from the company's iconic motto.
The campaign is set to appear in "the United Kingdom, Canada, the Netherlands, the Middle East, North Africa, South Africa and parts of Asia," a spokesperson for KFC told FOX Business, but will not be altered in the US.
The company said in a statement that the slogan "doesn't feel quite right" as health experts urge people to wash their hands and avoid touching their faces and mouths to prevent infection.
"We find ourselves in a unique situation — having an iconic slogan that doesn't quite fit in the current environment," Catherine Tan-Gillespie, global chief marketing officer at KFC, said in a statement.
She added that, while the company is pausing its famous motto, the fast-food chain's menu will not change, and the company will re-adopt the slogan "when the time is right."
KFC has used the "Finger Lickin' Good" slogan for more than 60 years.
Do you have a personal experience with the coronavirus you’d like to share? Or a tip on how your town or community is handling the pandemic? Please email [email protected] and tell us your story.
Get the latest coronavirus business & economic impact analysis from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is affecting industries.
Source: Read Full Article