Kent State Golden Flashes at Auburn Tigers odds, picks and best bets
The Kent State Golden Flashes (1-1) head to the Plains to take on the Auburn Tigers (2-0) at Jordan-Hare Stadium Saturday at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Kent State was dumped 30-7 at Arizona State Aug. 29 and needed overtime to slip past Kennesaw State 26-23 at home last weekend. To be fair, the Owls of KSU are a Top 10 team in the FCS rankings, so not a cream puff.
Auburn opened with a 27-21 miracle comeback against Oregon in a neutral-site battle and snuck past Tulane 24-6 in a low-scoring cover. The Tigers are also 2-0 against the spread and the under is 2-0 during the early going.
Kent State at Auburn: Betting Trends and Tips
Looking to place a bet on this game or others? Get some action in the game at BetMGM and have some extra skin in the game. Sign up and bet at BetMGM now!
- The Golden Flashes are struggling on offense, posting just 268.5 yards per game on offense, ranking 124th in the nation, and they’re 123rd with 136.0 passing yards per contest.
- The Tigers check-in 30th in total defense, yielding just 277.5 yards per game while ranking 24th with 13.5 points per game allowed.
- Kent State is 2-5 ATS in the past seven meetings with SEC teams, and 7-15 ATS in the past 22 against winning sides.
- Auburn has covered five straight at home, and it’s 4-0 ATS in the past four non-conference tilts.
- The under is 7-2 in KSU’s past nine overall, and 6-2 in the past eight non-conference battles.
- The under is 11-4 in Auburn’s past 15 at home, and 18-6-2 in the past 26 out of conference games.
- This is the first-ever meeting on the gridiron between these schools.
Need help with your fantasy football team?TheHuddle.com has your back. This year it’s your turn to win! Subscribe now; use code ” sbw15″ to take $15 off. Valid for first-time subscribers through 10/31/19.
Kent State at Auburn: Odds, betting lines and picks
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list.
Lines last updated Saturday at 8:30 a.m. ET.
Auburn 52, Kent State 6
The moneyline is Kent State (+2000) and Auburn (-10000). In other words, you need to risk $100 to win $1. Avoid.
Against the Spread
The Golden Flashes (+35.5, -105) are horrific on offense, as they have had a tough time moving the ball through the air in particular. Even a prediction of six points might be generous here. The Tigers (-35.5, -115) have also had trouble on offense, but this might be the week they break out under QB Bo Nix. If not, there’s going to be a lot of hand wringing on Toomer’s Corner.
The total of 52.5 is too risky here. Auburn ‘should’ be able to take care of the ‘over’ themselves, but the offense is still a work in progress. Kent State has shown nothing through the air, and that won’t change against the Tigers. My lean is the OVER (-128) here, lightly.
Get some action in this one, place a bet with BetMGM today. And for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @JoeWilliamsVI and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Bill Belichick saluted a reporter in surprisingly sweet moment
How to Watch Liverpool vs. Newcastle United, English Premier League Livestream, Schedule, TV Channel, Start Time
A fashion expert grades Cam Newton’s outfits this season
6 reasons fantasy football owners should trade for Mike Evans immediately
Alabama is tracking students’ locations to penalize them for leaving football games early
Source: Read Full Article